Hello, Blog! I remember you!
I haven’t gone this long without blogging before. But, you see, I have a very good reason. A Big Announcement. The thing is… and if you know my husband, you know what a big deal this is…
We Got Cable.
For reals. Cable tv. In my house. I’m still reeling. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and go downstairs to turn on the tv, just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming.
I don’t really do that. But I am super excited.
I know for a fact that we aren’t the last people on Earth to get on board the Cable Train. But I know we’re pretty darn close to the caboose.
Anyway, there’s no time for blogging when there’s SO MUCH tv to watch!
So I’d like to share with you some things that you may already know, but that I’m just learning about cable tv:
- Frasier is on 87,000 times a day.
- MTV is nothing like it was when I was a kid. VH1 Totally 80′s is way better.
- iCarly is pretty annoying, but Good Luck Charlie is kind of cute (actually I kind of like it) (actually I don’t kind of like it, I do like it).
- The History Channel is not nearly as much fun as I thought it would be. Is there any actual history on that channel?
- Turner Classic Movies is as much fun as I thought it would be.
- Cupcakes are really popular. Especially red velvet ones.
- The Wonder Pets are just as annoying on cable as they are on DVD. Seriously, Ming-Ming. It’s called speech therapy. Go get some.
- I still love The Waltons.
- I don’t have nearly enough kids yet to get a reality tv show. I mean, four is nothing, when you could instead raise a small army. I’m looking at you, Duggars.
- Man vs. Food is gross. Just gross.
- There is absolutely nothing real about any of the Real Housewives. Seriously, Bravo. Where’s the sweatpants that have been worn one too many times before washing? The spit-up stained t-shirts? The Cheerios that are forming their own colony under the couch cushions? The mountain of laundry on every available square inch of space? Real Housewives? Real, my foot.
So those are just a few of the things I’ve learned. But with my new channel line-up I’m sure I will continue to learn new things each and every day! I haven’t even touched on infomercials yet!
When you spend so much time watching t.v., it’s good to have some quick, easy dinners that you can just throw into the crockpot in the morning, before Gilmore Girls comes on, that will be finished cooking by the time The Brady Bunch airs. This one is super duper fast and easy.
Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Herb Chicken
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 10-oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 container Philadelphia Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme
- crushed red pepper for serving
- Spray slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Seriously, do it! You’ll thank me later!
- Place chicken breasts into slow cooker. Cover with spinach.
- Add cooking creme, and stir it up a bit. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. Shred,* return to cooker, and give it a good stir. Serve over pasta with a nice sprinkling of red pepper.
*If you prefer, you can cube the chicken before cooking it, or even leave and serve it whole. I like the shredded chicken over pasta, but that’s my preference.
Wow, really bad pictures. See what happens when you don’t blog in over a month?
I thought this meal was delicious! I thought it was, “You better learn to like it, kids, because Mommy’s gonna be making this a LOT!” good. Let’s see what The Critics thought:
Don Corleone: I love it!
Sarah Crewe: It’s really good, Mommy!
Batman: I don’t really like it. Then later: Actually I think I do like it.
Curious George: I don’t really like it either. Later: I like it mixed with the pasta.
Elmo: I don’t like this dinner. Me: How do you know? Did you taste it? Elmo: No. But I looked at it, and it was spicy.
Oh well, it wasn’t a huge success. But it wasn’t a huge failure, either. I’m definitely making this one again!