This is going to be a short post today. I have a ton of packing to do for my trip to London. I know, I know, I still didn’t receive my invitation, but I’m SURE it won’t be a problem! If Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson can do it… Right?
Of course, I suppose it would be a lot of trouble. All that packing, paying for the plane ticket, booking a hotel, making sure the kids are taken care of, finding the perfect hat…
Hmmm… maybe I’ll just watch the wedding on the couch and make tea and these:
English Royalty Chocolate Chip Scones
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, chilled & cubed
- 1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 3+ tbsp orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With a pastry blender or large fork, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix in the orange juice to form a dough. (The recipe calls for 3 tbsp oj, but I find that I need more to get a workable dough- about 5-6 tbsp).
- Turn out the dough on a floured surface. Pat or roll into a 9 inch circle about 1/2 inch thick. With a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, cut out 12 scones. Transfer the scones to the baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Move to wire racks to cool.
These scones are so tasty, easy to make, and have very simple ingredients, so you should make them before Friday.
If you don’t feel like making scones, you should go to Trader Joe’s and buy some. They’re yummy. I’m sure there are other places where one can buy scones, but I can’t help with that.
Aren’t they cute? I know the Royal Family isn’t perfect, and it’s largely just show, but who cares? I love a good wedding, and it’s nice to see a real life Fairy Tale unfold.
For one day, we can put aside thoughts of his mother’s tragic end, and his creepy dad and his stepmom, who is… Oh, nevermind. Like my mother says, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”
So, no trip to London for me. But a date with the t.v., my jammies, and chocolate chip scones sounds just as good, really.
Enjoy the wedding 😀