Don Vito Corleone is very upset that these are called “sliders.” He really hates that word. Something about greasy burgers “sliding” down your throat. Gross. He would prefer that I call them “cute little burgers,” but since the word “sliders” has become part of our lexicon over the past few years, I have to overrule him. But if you like, you can think of this recipe as “Grilled Turkey Cute LIttle Burgers.”
Grilled Turkey Sliders
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2-3 tsp Cajun seasoning, divided
- slider buns, cheddar cheese, red onion, barbecue sauce for serving
- Put the turkey in a bowl and combine with 2 tsp cajun seasoning. Mix well.
- Shape the turkey into small (cute little) burgers. You’ll get about 8 burgers. Sprinkle a little more seasoning on top of each burger.
- Cook burgers on the grill.
The Don does not usually appreciate it when I ask him to make turkey burgers instead of beef burgers. But this wasn’t one of those times. I guess it was the Cajun seasoning. These burgers had a lot of flavor, and they weren’t dry, like turkey burgers can be sometimes. I served these with cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce, and red onion. Every one of us loved these cute little burgers. And they are the perfect size for kids. We will definitely be having them again!