It’s Friday, yippeeee!!
Is Friday night pizza night at your house? We don’t really have a regular pizza night. When we do have pizza, I think it falls just as often on a Saturday as on a Friday.
My husband loves to make pizza. In the summer he loves to grill pizza. And that makes me happy, because
then I don’t have to cook it’s soooo delicious.
- your favorite pizza dough
- sauce, cheese, toppings
- Divide dough to make several small pizzas. Smaller is better on the grill.
- Stretch/roll dough out to make small, thin crust pizzas. The Don rolls out the dough on parchment paper or foil to make the transfer to the grill easier.
- Prepare medium hot fire on the grill.
- Brush olive oil over one side of the dough, and add a sprinkle of salt.
- Transfer dough to grill, oiled side down.
- Quickly brush oil/salt to the other side.
- When dough begins to char (about 1 minute), flip to the other side and cook another minute.
Next you have two choices. You can:
- Add sauce, cheese, and toppings and grill, covered, with indirect heat until toppings are heated through.
- Remove crust from grill, add toppings, and then broil under high heat until toppings are hot. The Don says, “I prefer broiling because I like the cheese better that way, but it does involve an extra appliance.” Isn’t he thoughtful?
Here’s the finished product, with pepperoni and fresh basil. Isn’t it pretty?
The crust has such a nice, grilled flavor. It’s perfect. I love this pizza so much, I wish I could marry it. But that could get tricky. The kids love this pizza, too, but I never would approve of them marrying it, either. Sorry, pizza.
The other nice thing about this pizza is that you get several small pizzas, so if you happen to have a weird child who doesn’t like sauce, you could have one pizza with less sauce, and if you happen to have another weird child who doesn’t like cheese, then you could have one pizza with less cheese. I’ve never been one of those moms who makes a separate meal for each child, so this is as close as I’ll get!
So… pizza. Do you have a regular pizza night? Do you make your pizzas or order out? What are your favorite toppings? Are you, like me, the only one in the house who likes those toppings, so you never get to have them (ham and pineapple, anyone)? Share your thoughts, I love to hear about pizza 🙂
And Happy Friday 😀