At the end of June, I found out about NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month), and I decided to commit to blogging every single day for the month of July. I am happy to say that I have made it halfway through the month, despite having sick children and/or being away on vacation for most of that time! Yay! Two more weeks to go! If you get a chance, check out the NaBloPoMo blogroll and visit my fellow bloggers, and send some encouragement their way. Blogging every single day isn’t an easy task!
- 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
- 6 cups lettuce (I used Romaine)
- 2-3 nectarines, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- your favorite vinaigrette (I used a berry vinaigrette)
- Grill (or broil) chicken breasts until done. Allow to cool, then cut into slices.
- Put lettuce into a large salad bowl. Top with nectarines, pecans, and cheese.
- Arrange chicken slices on top of each serving, and add dressing.
Obviously with a salad like this you should add as little or as much of the ingredients as you like. I was going to make a dressing to go with it, but I happened to have a bottled berry vinaigrette on hand, and I thought that would be tasty (it was!).
My Critics loved the salad! Well, all but my harshest critic, Curious George. He wasn’t too pleased. But the rest of them happily ate their dinners, and some even had seconds! Yay!