This is going to be a very self-indulgent post today. The first reason is because it’s My Birthday! Yippy-Skippy!
That’s right, I share my big day with Ralph Macchio, Markie Post, and Uncle Bob (of the Uncle Bob Special… I’ll explain in another post sometime).
The second reason is because my awesome new blogger friend Christy, over at The Daily Dish, has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award! I’m so honored 🙂 But with this award comes GREAT responsibility.
For one thing, I have to tell you seven facts about myself. I find this very difficult, actually, but here goes…
1. I play the oboe. I majored in music in college, and I was a music teacher before I had kids. But now I play the oboe in a small community orchestra that I just love.
2. I love Bugs Bunny. Those old cartoons (not the new Looney Toons that are on tv now) are genius. And I love how much my kids love them, too.
3. Remember Janice from The Muppet Show? When I was a kid I was afraid of her. I had a Janice doll, and I used to have bad dreams about her. One night I woke up from a bad dream and I took the doll and threw it out the window. The next morning, I was afraid I would get in trouble, so I quickly ran outside to get her.
Interesting sidebar, that’s the first time I discovered dew.
4. Speaking of bad dreams, I have two recurring nightmares. One is that I’m required, as an adult, to take a gym class. If you know me at all, you can see why this would be a nightmare. I never liked phys. ed.
The second dream is that I walk outside of my house, look up in the sky, and see an airplane falling out of the sky, not that far away. I really, really don’t like that dream.
5. I hate pancakes. I realize I might be the only person in the world that hates pancakes, but it’s true. I enjoy making them for my family, I just don’t like eating them.
6. I love the book The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. It is the story of how she, her father, and her sister were imprisoned for hiding Jews in a secret room in their house in the Netherlands during World War II. It is an amazing story of faith and courage, and I read it about once a year, or whenever I start to feel “boo-hoo, my life is so hard” and I need a good kick in the pants.
7. I love Velveeta cheese on saltines. Yeah, yeah, I know. Shut up.
So there you have it. Exciting, right?
(It’s my birthday, so you have to say yes)
But enough about me, how are you doing?
Just kidding, it’s not enough about me yet. It’s still my birthday.
But, the rules of the Versatile Blogger Award state that I must now pass on the award to five other deserving blogs. So here goes.
The Candid Parent So refreshingly honest and funny and well, candid. She has a daughter about the same age as my Elmo, so I can relate to her stories & I love her tweets.
Tales of Cheerios and Sleepless Nights This post on food cravings is one of the funniest things I’ve ever read in my life.
Show My Face Another person I follow on twitter who just cracks me up every day!
C. Beth Blog Read her blog because she’s honest and sweet and she encourages me in my running training.
Coffee and Chocolate, What More Do You Need? We’ve had conversations on twitter about why The Man With The Yellow Hat trusts a monkey and about who was truly the right man for Lorelei Gilmore. And that is why you should read her blog. Although, really, the title should have been enough to get you there.
So there you have it. Thank you so much, Christy, for the award!
Happy Birthday, Ralph, Markie, and Uncle Bob!